Indulge in the delightful aroma and taste of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies but with a modern twist! You can perfectly balance a crispy exterior and a soft, chewy centre using an air fryer. This recipe is quick and easy and offers a healthier alternative to traditional oven-baked cookies.
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the butter, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually add the milk while continuing to beat the mixture.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop the cookie dough onto a piece of parchment paper that fits your air fryer basket. Ensure there's enough space between each cookie for even cooking.
- Air fry the cookies for 5-6 minutes, or until they are golden brown and firm to the touch. Check at the 4-minute mark to avoid overcooking.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the parchment paper for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining cookie dough.
- Ensure the cookie dough is mixed well but avoid overmixing.
- Use parchment paper for easy cleanup and to prevent sticking.
- Check cookies at the 4-minute mark to ensure they don't overcook.
This recipe is sure to become a household favourite, perfect for a quick snack or a treat for the kids. Enjoy your homemade air fryer chocolate chip cookies with friends and family!