Imagine the sweet aroma of freshly baked cookies wafting through your kitchen and the tangy scent of strawberry jam. These Air Fryer Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies are a treat for your taste buds and a feast for your eyes. Perfectly golden with a glossy strawberry centre, they're ideal for your afternoon tea or coffee break.
Let's dive into the world of air-fried delicacies!
Air Fryer Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Powdered sugar for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- a pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Strawberry jam
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Gradually add the all-purpose flour and a pinch of salt, mixing until a soft dough forms.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop out small balls of dough and place them on a parchment-lined tray. Gently press the center of each ball with your thumb to create a small well.
- Fill each well with a teaspoon of strawberry jam.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C). Place the cookies in the air fryer basket, ensuring they are not touching. Cook for 8-minutes or until golden brown.
- Once done, remove the cookies and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar for that extra touch of sweetness.
- Butter – Ensure your butter is softened but not melted. This gives the cookies their delicate texture.
- Jam – Feel free to experiment with different jams or preserves. Raspberry or apricot jam can be delightful alternatives.
- Air Fryer – Every air fryer is different. Keep an eye on your cookies during the first batch to determine the perfect cooking time for your machine.
These Air Fryer Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies are the epitome of simplicity meeting flavour. With the perfect balance of buttery goodness and fruity jam, they're bound to be a hit at any gathering. So, why wait? Give this recipe a whirl, and let the magic of air frying bring joy to your kitchen!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Whole Wheat Flour Instead Of All-Purpose Flour?
Yes, you can substitute whole wheat flour, but it may alter the texture slightly.
What If I Don't Have An Air Fryer?
You can bake these in a regular oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Can I Store These Cookies?
Absolutely! Store them in an airtight container for up to a week.
I hope you enjoy making and indulging in these delightful cookies! Happy baking!