Since I have discovered edamame beans, I have started including it in almost every dish that I make. One of my all-time favourite salads is this leafy green salad topped with juicy, yet tender, soy basted sirloin slices.
GINGER & SOY BASTED BEEF WITH LEAFY GREEN SALAD
- Frying Pan
- Salad Bowl
For The Dressing
- 15 ml sesame oil
- 30 ml olive oil
- 30 ml red wine
- 20 ml soya sauce
- 8 gram fresh coriander, chopped
- 8 gram ginger, minced
- 4 gram garlic, minced
- 2 gram red chili
- 20 ml honey
For The Salad
- 160 gram beef sirloin, sliced
- 140 gram cherry tomatoes, halved
- 20 gram spring onion, thinly sliced
- 80 gram leafy lettuce, washed
- 40 gram edamame beans, blanched & refreshed in ice water
For The Dressing
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing together.
- Mix using hand blender to form a stable emulsion. Serve separate.
For The Sirloin
- Season whole sirloin with salt & drizzle with olive oil. Roll in sesame seeds.
- Sear in a dry smoking-hot pan & sear on all sides.
- Leave to rest before slicing.
- Toss all the salad base ingredients together, top with sirloin & dressing on the side.
When searing the sirloin, be sure to use a piping hot cast iron pan. If you are scared of burning the meat you can add a dash of oil to the pan before sizzling the steak, however the steak will release its own juices and will form a nice crust if done on a dry pan.
If you're looking for more tasty beef dishes, try one of these tonight!
Hearty Beef Pot Pies With Green Beans & Mashed Potato
Roast Beef, Fig, Walnut & Blue Cheese Salad
Slow Braised Beef Short Ribs With Homemade BBQ Sauce, Corn Bread & Creamed Spinach
Grilled Sirloin, Hasselback Potato, Pumpkin Fritters & Chakalaka