You might say this sounds quite boring. And yes, there are hundreds if not thousands of grilled Hake strip recipes on the internet. But don’t get caught up in the first part of the title, the true beauty and deliciousness lies with the creamy baby courgette bake, also know as Marrow or Zucchini bake.
This is a great recipe to get you and your kids eating more fish and vegetables. It will make a quick and easy dish on any night of the week or over the weekend.
Grilled Hake Strips With Creamy Baby Courgette Bake
For The Hake
- 3220 g Fish, hake, 8 pieces
- 40 g All purpose flour
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 4 g Turmeric
- 2 g Fine salt
For The Creamy Baby Courgettes
- 280 g Of Baby Courgettes
- 30 g Butter
- 200 ml Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 2 g Lime leaf spice
- 100 g Cheddar cheese
- Salt and coarse pepper to taste
For The Hake
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Season hake with salt & pepper.
- Dip in flour then fry in hot oil until golden & crisp.
For The Baby Courgette Bake
- Combine cream, spices, parmesan cheese & eggs. Whisk until well combined.
- Cut the baby courgettes into thin slices, lengthwise.
- Layer the sliced baby courgettes in a baking dish, top with butter & cream mixture, sprinkle with cheddar.
- Bake @ 180°C until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool until the bake has set and can be cut into squares.
More Delicious Fish Recipes For You To Try Tonight!
Fish Pops & Baby Potato Skewers With Lemon Mayo
Fish And Chips Recipe
Smoked Salmon Trout Salad With Granadilla Dressing
The Best Sous Vide Salmon