Ever stared at your brand-new blender and wondered what can kinds of foods can I make? You can make everything with a blender. From soups to sauces to frozen desserts and vegetables, you can blend it if you can think of it.
Tips On Using A Blender
Nevertheless, there are still some foods you should avoid blending, especially if you are a newcomer to the world of blending. For example, extremely hot liquids create steam which builds pressure inside of the blender. This could cause the food to explode and burn you. Allow your food to cool slightly before reheating it with a blender. You can always reheat it later. Furthermore starchy, or leathery foods such as potatoes or dried fruit should also be avoided. Overly frozen foods, coffee beans, and spices should also never be placed into a blender.
A blender is a kitchen appliance designed to crush, puree, mix and emulsify food items or other substances. As the name suggests, the blender is the ideal appliance for processing solid and liquid ingredients into a puree.
Essentially all blenders consist of four basic components: an electric motor, container or pitcher, a lid, and in some instances, a removable blade. The blender's control panel is usually located at the machine's base with a variety of speeds and mix functions.
Additionally, most blenders pitchers have a tapered cone shape along with handles and at least one spout for pouring your delicious foods into a separate container. Blenders can also have a fixed blade or a removable blade. Blenders with a rotating blade are easier to clean as the blade can easily be screwed on and off from the bottom of the container.
The beautiful thing about blenders is that you do not have to remove the lid to add more ingredients. Blenders are equipped with a lid that sits flush against the top of the machine and a removable plug. This nifty removable plug allows you to gradually add more ingredients to the blender while it is still running.
Though blenders are stunningly gorgeous to look at, they are convenient kitchen time savers. Furthermore, blenders are used to prepare many healthy foods such as smoothies, soups, baby foods, sauces, and even salads. All that's required is placing the food into the blender, pressing down on a button, and watching solid food be liquified into a thick, deliciously irresistible dish. Another advantage of blenders is that it allows you to hide vegetables in your food. This little trick comes in handy, especially if you've got kids who detest fruits and vegetables.
Two Easy Healthy Blender Recipes To Try
If you are considering buying a blender, it is best to think of it as an investment in your culinary future. On average, the price of a blender can vary from £60-£270. The amount of money you spend depends on what you are looking for. If you prefer a simple blender to make smoothies, it will be cheaper than a blender with all of the bells and whistles. Whether you purchase a higher-end or lower-end blender, it will save you kitchen real estate, time, and the headache of manually grinding or mashing food into a puree.
Blenders are multi-faceted kitchen appliances. We have put together two easy, lazy healthy blender recipes to demonstrate the blender's unique ability. Both recipes are hassle-free with simple everyday ingredients, minimal prep times. Whether you are a novice or a culinary enthusiast, with the help of your trusty blender, these are the laziest and most delicious recipes you will ever make.
1. Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Blender Muffins Recipe
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup+2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste/vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Program the oven to 350°F.
- Place 14 muffin liners into two 12 cup muffin tins.
- Cut the ends of the zucchini off, grate it, and set it aside.
- Add the eggs, olive oil, maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla bean paste, or extract, salt, baking soda, coconut flour, almond flour, tapioca starch, and cocoa powder to a high-speed blender and blend it for 15 seconds.
- Scrape zucchini bread muffin batter from the sides of the blender down and blend it for another 15 seconds.
- Pour the chocolate zucchini bread into a large bowl and fold in the chocolate chips and zucchini.
- Place 1/4 cup of chocolate zucchini bread batter into each muffin liner filling it up 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake the chocolate zucchini bread muffins for 18 mins until a skewer inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the chocolate zucchini muffins cool in the pan for 5mins, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
2. Creamy Tuscan White Bean Soup Recipe
- 2 15 oz. cans white cannellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Rinse the cannellini beans in a colander under cold running water, then set them aside to drain.
- Dice the onions, tomatoes, and garlic, then remove the thyme leaves from the stem.
- Add the olive oil into a large stockpot and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions to the stockpot and cook it for 15 mins until they are translucent and lightly golden.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook it for 1 min until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5-8 mins until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Stir in the cannellini beans, chicken broth, rosemary, salt, pepper, and paprika, and allow it to cook for 20 mins.
- Pour the Tuscan soup into a blender or food processor and puree it until smooth.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprig of fresh thyme.
Healthy Blender Recipes: Summing Up
These healthy blender recipes prove that our thesis is right. Life is better with a blender. Blenders are exceptionally versatile kitchen appliances that can make so many different kinds of foods. Not only will you save counter-safe, but you will save time, energy, and most importantly, you will be able to fuel your body with healthy, delicious food.