Nothing beats a hearty vegetable soup on a cold and rainy winters day. This recipe can be cooking on the stove within a matter of minutes! If you don’t have anything else to do while the soup is cooking, make yourself useful and bake a bread! If you want to learn how to make hearty vegetable and barley soup continue further by reading this article!
Hearty Vegetable & Barley Soup Recipe
- 80 g White onion
- 20 g Chopped garlic
- 10 ml Olive oil
- 160 g Carrots
- 480 g Tomato paste
- 132 g Barley
- 4 g Fresh rosemary
- 2 g Dried oregano
- 2 g Coarse salt
- 5 g Icing sugar
- 1 l Water for stock
- 80 g Green beans
- 120 g Large potato
- 60 g Frozen corn
- 60 g Frozen peas
- 20 ml Lemon juice
- 10 g Fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large pot, add onion & garlic. Sauté for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Once the onions are soft, add barley, carrots, tomatoes, rosemary, oregano, pepper & stock.
- Leave to simmer covered until the barley is just cooked.
- Once the barley is almost cooked, add potatoes & green beans. Leave to simmer until soft.
- Add corn & peas, stir through.
- Season with lemon juice & fresh chopped parsley.
If you want more delicious soup recipes, here are some more for you to try:
Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup With Garlic Croutons
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
5 Blender Soup Recipes You Can Make Tonight!