The name is a dead giveaway when it comes to multi cookers. This is a kitchen appliance that allows you to cook in many different ways. So, how do multi cookers work find below!
How Do Multi Cookers Work?
Whether you are trying to use it like a pressure cooker or a crock pot which lets you slow cook a meal, you’ve got yourself a real winner if you have a multi cooker. Here’s all you need to know about the kitchen’s magic box.
What Is A Multi Cooker?
This appliance can single handedly take the place of many others in the kitchen. And while they aren’t the smallest when it comes to size, you don’t have to worry too much about the amount of space they take on the counter.
Replacing all those other appliances will automatically make room for this one and you will realize that for the same reason, a multi-cooker does not add to the clutter.
The multi-cooker works on the same principle as an induction plate because it has one at the bottom. This helps maintain the temperature inside the pot. You have controls on the outside which allow you to monitor and adjust the heat when required. That is also how you can slow cook any dish of your choice. Just get the recipe and get started.
Temperature control is an important part of slow cooking because otherwise, your ingredients will get overcooked if not burnt to a crisp. And it is thanks to that same technology that you will be able to use it to make yogurt like you would in a yogurt maker.
You will also be able to carry out processes like sautéing and browning, which are an integral part of some special recipes.
All The Things It Can Do
Apart from giving you the flexibility to make a thousand different types of meals, you can also reap health benefits like cooking with less oil and lubricants that add calories to your meal.
That is why multi cookers have been in the running for the best kitchen device for a long time. This also applies to those of you who like to steam some items that you typically do with a steaming rack in a pot.
Using a multi cooker, you can prepare a side dish like steaming vegetables on the side while you make the main dish using other appliances.
And you will also realize that you spend more of your time and energy in picking nutritious ingredients because the effort into cooking goes down considerably.
That’s usually what keeps you from picking raw ingredients and preparing a full meal, right? Instead, you pick up some pre-packaged food that can be tossed into the oven and be done with, in a matter of minutes.
There are several other precise advantages to using a multi cooker. Here’s what that list looks like.
- Time Saver: If you are a fan of slow cooking, well, a multi cooker can do the job for you. In fact, it can speed up the process of slow cooking while giving you the same time and health benefits. If a pressure cooker reduces that cook time to half, a multi-cooker takes it to the next level. So, you don’t have to worry about waiting next to it and supervising.
- Money Saver: A multi-cooker makes it possible for you to take staple food items like dried beans or even cuts of meat and turns them into delicious meals. And you can use the method of slow cooking without having to shell out money for a crockpot. It also doesn’t use as much energy in the cooking process, which will take care of your energy bills.
- Space Saver: This is a device that makes many others in the kitchen like your frypan, pressure cooker, rick cooker, slow cooker, steamer and more obsolete. So, you don’t have to look for extra space when you plan to get one of these. You just need to get rid of the clutter and get ready for a superhero on your kitchen counter.
What Doesn’t Work
But something with these super-appliance abilities does not come without a few flaws.
- Unfortunately, your slow cookers do a better job with certain dishes compared to a multi-cooker. That is in terms of appearance, flavor and how well meats can melt in your mouth. So, you will have to add seasoning afterward and avoiding them is kind of the point of slow cooking.
- They are also not all that easy to clean because you have to dismantle all the parts and put them back together. And it is non-negotiable because the valves and seals are the lifelines of this appliance.
The Bottom Line
From making yogurt to cooking grains and rice, you can do a lot with a multi-cooker. But this is a very popular appliance for more reasons than one.
These devices are very easy to use and they can help you prepare a healthy meal in the easiest and safest way possible. You will have a few hurdles but for an all-rounder, this is a good one to get.