If you have a Ninja Foodi Grill and you want to cook a whole chicken, you might have landed here looking for easy recipes. And that’s exactly what we have for you. It’s like cooking it in an instant pot.
Roasting a whole chicken in a Ninja Foodi grill is actually one of the easiest things to do. And when you’re done, the taste will be fresh, the skin will be crispy and the meat will be juicy just the way you like it. And there's nothing better and tastier for dinner right?
How To Cook A Whole Chicken In Ninja Foodi Grill
The Ninja Foodi grill receives all the praise that it does because this appliance is multi-purpose. It can be used to air fry, dehydrate, grill, bake and roast. And you don’t have to monitor most of the cooking and it does the job quicker than most other cooking choices at your disposal.
You just need to gather your ingredients, pretty much throw them all in there, set the timer and hit the ‘Start’ button.
How To Store Leftover Cooked Chicken
There are plenty of things you can do with leftover roasted chicken. So, here’s how you store it so that you get the most bang for your buck.
Wrap it in plastic and put it in a pan so that nothing drips out of it while you figure out what to do with the leftovers. You don’t have to worry about the dripping when you’re cooking it the first time because the grill collects them at the bottom for you.
And it serves as gravy for dishes that need a little wetness. Now, if you don’t have that much space in the fridge, you could cut it into smaller pieces. This makes storage easier.
Place the pieces in an airtight container and place them in the fridge. This way you can rest assured that your delicious roasted chicken is fresh for 3-4 days.
If you want to keep it in storage for a longer period of time, you should store the whole chicken as is in an airtight container after wrapping it in plastic properly. And then freeze the whole thing.
Once you’re ready to repurpose your leftovers, you will need to defrost them for a night before reheating them. Once it’s defrosted, you should preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F. Then place the leftovers inside the compartment, and in about 5 minutes, it will be ready for you to serve it.
Whole Chicken In Ninja Foodi Grill Recipe
- 1.1 kg Whole chicken
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil any oil or a spray will work just fine too
- Wash the bird under running water thoroughly. Grab a couple of dry paper towels and pat the chicken down properly. Try to remove water to the extent that you can because that’s the key to getting the skin crispy in the end. If the whole chicken came with giblets, remove them before washing it.
- Look at the air fryer part of the grill and preheat it to 360 degrees F. Paint the chicken with some oil or spray it on the surface.
- Cover the chicken with the seasoning you prepared. Do the same for the insides as well.
- Tie the legs of the chicken with a butcher’s twine or any twine in the kitchen. This is to make sure that the chicken cooks uniformly.
- Place the chicken inside the air fryer or on the grill with the breast side downwards. Close the lid of the air fryer and set it for 30 minutes. If you’re doing this on the grill, keep an eye on the bird.
- Open the lid and flip the chicken so that the other side gets cooked as well. Do this for the same amount of time as you did when the breast side was up.
- Get a meat thermometer and check the internal temperature of the chicken. It should be 165 degrees F.
- Take the cooked chicken out and leave it for 5-10 minutes before you cut into it.
You might also be interested in these great chicken recipes:
Sticky Cashew Chicken With Jasmine Rice & Asian Greens
Chicken Schnitzel With Mushroom Sauce, Roasted Butternut & Green Beans
Chicken Kiev With Broccoli & Wilted Baby Spinach
Whole Roasted Chicken With Lemon And Garlic
How To Cook A Whole Chicken In Ninja Foodi Grill: Conclusion
This is a simple recipe that works well with a Ninja Foodi grill. A lot of people come looking for these tips and tricks in preparation for the holidays. But there’s no reason you can’t have fun during the rest of the year.
This grill and recipe are a great combination that will give you a rotisserie chicken dinner experience without the downsides. It’s simple and easy to do, so don't wait, give it a go tonight!