A Ninja Foodi is an innovative 9 in 1 appliance that is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, air fryer, steamer, yoghurt maker, sauté pan, grill, oven and dehydrator all in one sleek unit. And, believe me you cannot have too many Ninja Foodi recipes!
To make it possible to execute all these functions at once the Ninja Foodi is fitted with two lids that are suited for regular cooking or pressure cooking that are attached and easy to fit as needed. Each appliance comes with a ceramic pot and a metal bowl as well as a tiered rack so you can adapt the interior of the pot to what dish you are cooking and what method you are using.
The beauty of a machine like this is that it is hands off, safe to leave unattended and can cook multiple elements of a dish all in one pot, which saves on dishes. The massive upside to this appliance however is that it is actually a healthy cooking method. Dishes only require a spray of oil (any neutral oil will do) so you can air fry your crumbed dishes to crispy perfection without submerging them in oil.
5 Easy Ninja Foodi Recipes For You To Try
The Ninja Foodi sells for around £245, which is a considerably large once-off investment. However, if you take into consideration how many appliances this one unit replaces, it is well worth the extra cash, especially if you maintain it well. Multi-use items like this are a welcome addition to any kitchen as they help you be more economical with your counter space as well as saving you time and money!
To demonstrate the versatility of this amazing appliance we have put together some easy, minimal effort recipes that can be made with ease in your Ninja Foodi. All of these recipes have a minimal prep time, uncomplicated ingredients and are suitable for any cooking skill level, even beginners can pull these off with the help of your Ninja Foodi.
Please note all these recipes are designed for an 8L Ninja Foodi.
1. Crumbed Chicken Strips
- 4 chicken breast
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- Slice your chicken breasts into even 1cm thick strips and set aside.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl season with the paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Crack the eggs into another shallow bowl and place the crumbs into another bowl to create a crumbing production line.
- Dip each strip into the flour, coating it completely then submerge in the egg and then finally coat evenly in the crumbs. Repeat until all the strips are coated.
- Set your Ninja Foodi onto its fry setting and preheat to 200o C. Add a spray some oil into the bowl.
- Place the strips into the basket and air fry for 10-12 minutes turning after 5 minutes.
- Serve with chips and a dipping sauce.
Here's more great ways to cook chicken breast ina Ninja Foodi
2. Air Fried Potato Chips
- 8 potatoes
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Peel your potatoes and slice thinly using a mandolin.
- Place the potato slices into a bowl of water for an hour to get rid of any excess starch.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat your Ninja Foodi to 100o C and spray the bowl with oil.
- Fry the chips for 20 minutes the switch to 200 o C and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Cool the chips on a bed of paper towel and season liberally with salt and cayenne pepper if you want a little spice.
3. Whole Roast Chicken And Veggies
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon
- Dried thyme
- 500 gram baby potatoes
- 2 carrots
- Peel the carrots and slice into thick round, half the baby potatoes and place all the veggies into the bowl of the Ninja Foodi.
- To prepare the chicken zest the lemon and rub the bird with the oil, salt, pepper, dried thyme and lemon zest.
- Cut the zested lemon in half and place in the cavity. Place the chicken on the veggies.
- Set to the pressure setting, fit the lid and pressure cook for 20 minutes.
- Release the pressure and allow it to vent for 5 minutes.
- Spray the bowl with oil and fit the air fryer lid.
- Air fry at 200 o C for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the Ninja Foodie and rest for 15 minutes before cutting.
For another amazing Ninja Foodi roast chicken recipe click here.
4. Air Fried Burgers
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the Ninja Foodi to 190 o C on its air fryer setting.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide up the mixture into 6 and shape each one into a patty shape.
- Place on the rack of the Ninja Foodi and place on the lid.
- Air fry for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow the patties to rest for 5 minutes before serving to maintain their moisture.
5. Breakfast Oatmeal
- 1 cup instant oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place the oats, water, sultanas and spices in the pot of the Ninja Foodi and fit the pressure cooker lid on.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Release the pressure, remove the lid and set on sauté on the medium setting
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cook on sauté until the butter and sugar and melted.
- Serve hot.
Easy Ninja Foodi Recipes: Summing Up
If these recipes don’t already prove it, the Ninja Foodi is an incredibly useful appliance that can serve many purposes and cook so many different dishes that it makes many other appliances seem obsolete. One of these will save you space in your kitchen, save you money on needless appliances and provide you with food that is healthy and nutritious; how could you go wrong?
Where To Buy?
You should be able to pick up the Ninja Foodi Multi Cooker in most local homewares stores. However, Amazon UK usually has next day delivery and often excellent prices.