I love fried chicken just as much as the next person, but I can’t stand going to KFC! The next time I go into a KFC I will be sure to give the colonel a piece of my mind! (And my chicken). Learn how to make southern fried chicken with potato wedges by reading further below!
As soon as you’ve tried home made fried chicken you will realize that fast food chicken is a hoax and a sham!
Southern Fried Chicken With Potato Wedges Recipe
- 1 Baking Tray
- 1 Oven
For The Chicken
- 500 g Chicken drumsticks
- 160 g Cake flour
- 2 g Fine pepper
- 2 g Smoked paprika
- 2 g Mixed herbs (dried herbs)
- 2 g Turmeric
- 2 g Greek yogurt
- 212 ml Fine salt-
- 100 g Breadcrumbs
- 3 Eggs
For The Wedges
- 800 g Large potatoes
- 60 ml Olive oil
- 4 g Fine pepper
- At least 2 hours in advance season yoghurt with salt and pepper and place chicken pieces into the marinade.
- In a shallow bowl mix flour, paprika, pepper, salt and turmeric
- In a separate bowl mix breadcrumbs salt, and mixed herbs
- In a third bowl add eggs a bit of water and lightly beat.
- Pre-heat sunflower or canola oil in a deep pot to 165c
- Remove chicken from marinade and gently shake off excess marinade
- Gently coat with flour mixture then soak in egg-wash
- When completely covered in egg, gently coat evenly in breadcrumbs
- Repeat with all chicken pieces and place on a cooling rack and place in fridge for 30 minutes
- Remove from fridge and deep-fry 2 or 3 pieces at a time until golden brown then place in pre-heated oven at 150c for 5-10 minutes / until cooked through.
For The Wedges
- Wash potatoes and cut into wedges
- Coat in olive oil and generously season
- Roast in oven at 180c until tender
Great! Now that you’ve made the recipe, I’m sure you have realized that it is quite a bit of work and not the easiest to clean. But totally worth it! You are now converted, and KFC will be a thing of the past!
Here are some more great chicken recipes that you will love!
Polenta Crusted Chicken With Char-Grilled Corn Salsa
Air Fryer Fried Chicken
Chicken With Creamy Dill Sauce & Broccoli-Leek Rice
Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Stir Fry With Crunchy Vegetables & Egg Noodles