The Ninja Foodi is one of the best appliances you can add to your kitchen arsenal. It allows you to cook fast one-pot meals for a family of four. The appliance is easy to use with clearly labelled functions. But is it easy to clean?
It is easier to clean your Ninja Foodi than an Instant Pot. The best part about cleaning it is that it has dishwasher-safe removable parts. The plastic exterior and the coating on the inside allow for ease of cleaning.
This article will guide you on how to clean your Ninja Foodi multi-cooker.
How To Clean Your Ninja Foodi
It is important to clean the various Ninja Foodi accessories after every use. It will allow your appliance to stay in perfect working condition.
You can wash the reversible rack, cooking pot, cook and crisp basket, detachable diffuser, and silicone ring in the dishwasher. The ceramic coating of the accessories makes them easy to clean. However, make sure you do not use abrasive cleaning tools.
Even if you do not have a dishwasher, the removable parts can be easily cleaned using warm soapy water.
The base of the Ninja Foodi, pressure lid or any related components, crisping lid, and heat shield should never be immersed in water or washed in a dishwasher. They are not dishwasher-safe parts.
After use, the appliance will be hot. Once you have removed your food, keep the lid open to allow it to cool down. Use a cleaning brush if you are washing the parts by hand.
Make sure to thoroughly clean your Ninja Foodi after each use.
Follow these cleaning instructions for optimal results.
- Before you begin cleaning your Ninja Foodi, make sure you have unplugged the appliance from the wall outlet.
- Make sure you never place the base of the appliance in water, in the dishwasher, or in any other liquid.
- Use a moist cloth to wipe the control panel and the base of the Ninja Foodi.
- You can wash the detachable diffuser, reversible rack, cooking pot, silicone ring, and the cook and crisp basket in the dishwasher.
- Use water and dish detergent to wash the anti-clog cap, pressure release valve, and pressure lid. Do use the dishwasher to wash the pressure lid or related parts.
- Do not attempt to take apart the pressure release valve or the red float valve assembly.
- To clean the crisping lid, wait for the heat shield to cool down. Then use a damp paper towel or cloth to wipe it down.
- In case some leftover food gets stuck in the reversible rack, cook and crisp basket, or the cooking pot, soak them in warm soapy water before cleaning. Keep away from the use of abrasive cleaning pads. If you have to scrub, make use of dish soap or a non-abrasive detergent with a pad or a brush.
- Air-dry all the parts after use and cleaning.
Deep cleaning your Ninja Foodi from time to time is an excellent way of maintaining your appliance. In order to deep clean, mix 250 ml of lemon juice and 250 ml of hot water in the pot. Use the pressure cook function for 10 minutes and then quick release.
Once you take off the pressure lid, put down the air fryer lid immediately. Leave the lid down for a minimum of five minutes to allow the steam to clean the grill area.
Afterward, open the lid and use a damp cloth to wipe down the grill lid. Use a microfiber cloth or kitchen towels to dry.
If you feel your appliance is still dirty, repeat the process to get it clean.
How To Clean Your Ninja Foodi: Summing Up
You can easily clean your Ninja Foodie after each use. Make sure to use a dishwasher for only the dishwasher-safe parts. The design of the Ninja Foodi allows you to clean the appliance easily and thoroughly.
The lack of a dishwasher should not hinder your cleaning process. It is easy to clean the Ninja Foodi with just water and soap. Avoid abrasive cleaning tools.
If you follow the instructions to the T, you should end up with a fresh-smelling and clean Ninja Foodi after your cleaning process.