Even if you don't like polenta (and I know that many of you don't) you will love our polenta crusted chicken! And the char grilled corn salsa is so easy (and fun) to make too!
POLENTA CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH CHAR-GRILLED CORN SALSA
Click The Stars Below To Rate This Recipe:
Delicious chicken with polenta crust (not nearly as messy as bread crumbs with egg!) and amazing char-grilled corn salsa. A great choice for dinner tonight. Your family will love it!
Polenta Crusted Chicken
- 2 pieces large skinless chicken breasts
- 100 g fine polenta
- 10 g smoked paprika
- 10 g garlic powder
- 6 g ground white pepper
- 100 g plain flour
- 10 g salt for flour
- 10 g salt for egg wash
- 1 whole egg
- 50 ml milk
- 1 corn on the cob, shucked
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 an avocado
- 20 g Coriander
- 1/2 a red onion
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 a red pepper
- 1 gem lettuce shredded
- 50-100 g feta cheese
Preparing The Chicken For Cooking
- Mix polenta, garlic powder, smoked paprika and white pepper in a small bowl or flat tray.
- Mix 1 egg and milk in a small bowl.
- Mix plain flour and salt in a small bowl or flat tray.
- Slice chicken breasts into medium strips.
- Place the sliced chicken breast first in the flour, then egg wash then polenta mix, repeat until all the chicken has been through this process once.
Preparing The Corn Salsa
- Heat your pan to a high heat and add a small amount of oil and fry your shucked corn on all sides till dark and slightly crispy. Set aside to cool. You can put in the fridge but room temperature is fine. Turn pan down to a low heat and pre heat an oven to 180.
- Fine dice the red onion. Rough dice avocado, tomato, red pepper and feta cheese.
- Rough chop coriander, I like to leave the stems on but you can pick the leaves or even leave this part out.
- Slice the kernels from the corn cob.
- Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and add the lime juice.
Cooking The Chicken
- Fry the Polenta coated chicken strips on a medium heat until golden on each side and finish in the oven for approximately 5 minutes. If you have a temperature probe you want to heat the chicken to 75 degrees (165F) if unsure just cut one in half and check.
- Plate and Serve, Enjoy!
Calories: 613kcalCarbohydrates: 98gProtein: 23gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 605mgPotassium: 668mgFiber: 9gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 6597IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 379mgIron: 9mg
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Love hearing how you went with my recipes! Tag me on Instagram at @my_home_selection!
Hope you enjoyed cooking and eating this recipe as much as we did!